Loss Prevention Agent
Company: Belmond Charleston Place
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Successful candidate will ensure guests, associates and hotel
property are maintained in a safe and secure environment. Previous
security experience preferred. Customer service skills necessary.
You must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
and holidays. This is a third-shift position.
Located at the very heart of downtown Charleston, in the historic
district and within walking distance of all the major attractions,
Belmond Charleston Place makes every guest feel part of this great
A gathering point for local society, this luxury hotel blends
gentility and old-world charm with a leading-edge spa and
innovative cuisine. Renowned as Charleston's finest accommodations,
its first class meeting and event facilities are complemented by
'The Club', a private concierge level. Leisure activities include
relaxing by the rooftop pool, dining in the award-winning
Charleston Grill and browsing the exclusive boutiques.
Monitor and patrol assigned areas to provide a safe environment for
guests and employees and to minimize opportunities for loss or
damage. Act to deter any agent or element from jeopardizing persons
or property in or about the hotel's facilities.
- Ensure that the Hotel and its employees and guests are
protected at all times.
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent
information relevant to the daily shift. Review the hotel status
and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios and keys to designated hotel personnel. Maintain
accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such in accordance
to hotel procedures.
- Check employee ID's and ensure employees clock-in in accordance
with hotel standards.
- Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance
are properly escorted while on property according to hotel
- Inspect employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees
enter or leave the property as designated by hotel policy.
- Provide escorts for employees in accordance with departmental
- Ensure that after hours access into secured hotel areas are
properly authorized, monitored and documented in accordance with
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours following
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police) cooperatively and
follow established hotel regulations.
- Coordinate emergency situations as specified in departmental
- Contact the Director of Loss Prevention immediately for
emergency situations as specified in departmental manual.
- Monitor surveillance cameras as assigned.
- Investigate duress alarms and comply with respective
- Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all
designated points and document all actions taken in accordance with
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with
room access in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Challenge suspicious persons on hotel property in accordance
with departmental procedures.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items,
noise complaints, assault complaints, and other guest complaints;
complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly;
administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to
EMS/medical personnel as required.
- Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling
- Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to
Loss Prevention; document guest inquiries for lost items and
coordinate return of lost items to guests.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their
- Maintain confidentiality of all Loss Prevention and hotel
reports/documents; release information only to authorized
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees
- Communicate by radio with designated hotel personnel.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working condition of
departmental equipment, supplies and work areas.
- Legibly complete required reports; document all pertinent
information in the logbook daily.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Loss
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
- Ensure service to all guests follows established standards, is
consistent, efficient and courteous.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features/services,
hours of operation; all room types, numbers, layout, and locations;
locations of smoke detectors, fire exit doors, and fire
extinguishers on all floors; cut-off locations of main water, gas
and electricity lines; daily house count and expected
arrivals/departures; previous day's pickup and anticipated business
levels; scheduled in-house group activities, locations and
- Be knowledgeable of, implement, communicate, and comply with
policies of Belmond Hotels, Belmond Charleston Place and its Hotel
Human Resources Department.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel
Must have criminal-free record. Certification in CPR, first aid,
and alcohol awareness program. Knowledge of local, state and
federal laws applicable to hotel safety and security. Ability to
satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and
employees to their understanding. Computer proficient. Ability to
provide legible communication. Ability to think clearly, analyze
and resolve problems and exercise good under high pressure or
emergency situations. Ability to complete work in a timely,
accurate and thorough manner. Ability to work effectively and
relate well with senior management, colleagues, subordinates, and
individuals inside and outside the hotel. Ability to ascertain
guests'/employees' needs and comply with such to ensure
guest/employee satisfaction. Ability to work without direct
supervision. Ability to recognize suspicious human behavior, which
poses a threat to persons or property. Ability to endure abundant
physical movements in performing job functions. Ability to remain
at assigned post for extended periods of time. Ability to
prioritize and organize work assignments. Ability to remain calm,
courteous and professional with demanding/difficult guests and/or
threatening situations. Knowledge of fire and building codes.
Understanding of the luxury hotel environment. Preferred: ability
to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish.
Belmond Charleston Place provides a comprehensive benefits package
for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision,
disability, life and AD&D insurance. You are eligible for the
majority of these plans after 60 days of full-time employment. The
effective date will be the first of the month following your 60th
day worked. We also offer 401(k) retirement savings plan, paid
vacation and holidays, as well as tuition assistance.
Keywords: Belmond Charleston Place, Charleston , Loss Prevention Agent, Sales , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!