Sales Executive - Ground Specialist
Company: Livingston International
Posted on: September 14, 2019
North America's number one company focused on customs brokerage and
trade compliance, Livingston International also offers consulting
and global trade management services as well as international
freight forwarding across North America and around the globe.
Livingston is a dominant customs broker along the U.S.-Canada
border. Its U.S. headquarters and air/sea hub are located in
Chicago, with regional centers in Los Angeles, New York and
Norfolk. Livingston employs more than 3, 200 employees at over 100
key border points, sea ports, airports and other strategic
locations across North America as well as in Europe and Asia.
The Livingston Sales Executive - Ground Specialist has territorial
sales responsibility to build ground transportation shipment
activity to the medium, large and strategic customer base for
intra-country (USA and Canada) and cross-border ground
transportation opportunities. The primary role of the Sales
Executive is to target and communicate with existing Livingston
clients where customs brokerage services are currently provided, to
generate knowledge and interest for Livingston ground
transportation solutions. Most of the sales activity within this
role will be strategic in nature where customers have highly active
and consistent ground transportation requirements and existing
industry competitors are active and bid processes are normal to win
traffic lanes which are contracted monthly or annually.
The Sales Executive will utilize Livingston operational, pricing
and marketing tools to convince potential clients to do business
with Livingston. This position will also dedicate time each week to
make outbound prospecting phone calls to non-Livingston customer
companies to gain interest for further follow-up.
The Sales Executive generally targets mid-level to senior level
decision-makers in the Transportation, Logistics, Operational, or
Manufacturing departments. Because this role targets large
companies with more complex buying structures and responsibilities,
strategic planning is a key part of this job description. It is
very important that this role does not chase opportunities but
creates and develops a sales pipeline within the parameters of the
company ground transportation Sales Plan focused on identifying and
building solution propositions. As much of the client base will be
existing Livingston customers, effectively interfacing and
partnering with a different Livingston sales representative is
highly important. Finally, Livingston expects its employees to
consistently deliver customer oriented solutions with the highest
level of ethics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, promote and sell Livingston ground transportation
solutions to existing large and strategic size customer
- Prospect with the identified sales territory for new customers
which fit the customer segment and the Livigston sales
- Determine the critical business issues of the customer and
interface as needed with internal Livingston resources to develop a
correct service and pricing solution to make a professional sales
solution presentation and proposal.
- Interface with customer decision makers in the upper management
levels of Transportation and Manufacturing/Operations departments
to build on the value already created by the existing Livingston
business relationship to create revenue growth.
- Develop and maintain a sales territory development plan, and
strategic account plans when appropriate, and communicate them to
the Freight Sales Director as requested.
- Focus on the identification and positioning of value to
prospects throughout the sales process to best position Livingston,
as well as generate an appropriate return on investment (ROI) for
- Follow a structured sales and customer implementation process
to ensure efficiency and an improved probability of maintaining the
- Identify, maintain and continually update a list of new
prospects through "smart-calling", networking, referrals, and warm
leads as available.
- Timely, accurately and consistently document all required
customer activity in the Salesforce CRM tool.
- Achieve monthly and annual sales quota targets for new ground
transportation with existing Livingston customers, and new target
- Maintain a sufficient group of new sales opportunities inside
and outside of existing client base.
- Identify, target and maintain regular communication with the
largest regular ground transportation shipping decision makers
within your portfolio of existing customers. Maintain the quality
and accuracy of information required in Salesforce CRM.
- Prepare monthly and annual sales reports of account status,
tracking key metrics.
Top Skills & Proficiencies:
- Strong drive to acquire new business.
- Success in large account development, comfortable and effective
in working within complex customer organizations.
- Strong strategic and value-selling skills, identifying the
solutions and services that Livingston can provide, and expressing
the differentiating factors with Livingston's competitors who will
always be encountered.
- Ability to research, synthesize and analyze complex and diverse
- Understanding of ground transportation freight processes,
equipment, competitors, and supply chain data.
- Planning daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly schedules to
systematically stay in contact with customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills; ability to work
collaboratively in a team environment and get along with diverse
- Identify and resolve problems timely, identifying and
developing alternative solutions.
- Teamwork with other Livingston departments, especially the
ground transportation operations team, and the other sales teams
already engaged with the customer.
- Results-oriented with high integrity and an ability to motivate
self and others.
- Experience in North American transportation services such as
truckload, brokerage, intermodal, drayage, global forwarding,
expedite, or managed transportation is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of outside sales experience with a proven track record
of success delivering annual sales results around revenue and gross
margin targets in complex, solution-oriented customer
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to represent
Livingston in a highly professional, competent manner.
- College degree or equivalent.
Stay updated on Livingston-related news at
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/livingston_intl
Keywords: Livingston International, Charleston , Sales Executive - Ground Specialist, Sales , Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!