Certified Medical Assistant Mt. Pleasant Office
Company: Charleston Oncology
Location: North Charleston
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:Dynamic work environment,
weekends off, no shift work, and 10 paid holidays.The Medical
Assistant (MA) is a non-exempt hourly paid position that performs
clinical and administrative responsibilities under the direct
supervision of the MA Supervisor; the position provides daily
support to the doctors, PA's, NP's; responsibilities and duties may
vary from office to office depending on location and provider
assigned; administrative responsibilities may include utilizing the
system applications, answering telephones, scheduling new patients
and follow-up appointments, arrange hospital admissions and
laboratory services, etc.; clinical responsibilities include
assisting providers; triaging patients, preparing and stocking exam
rooms, scanning medical records, etc.; performs other
administrative or clinical responsibilities as directed by the
doctors or MA Supervisor.
- Demonstrates respect for all differences in race, gender,
ethnic background, sexual orientation, disabilities, age, religion,
etc.; demonstrates knowledge of position functions when providing
compassionate patient care; continuously shares knowledge with
staff to encourage growth; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner
based on personal accountability and moral and ethical convictions
to do the right thing.
- Reports to work and ready to begin providing patient care at
8:30 AM every morning; follows practice call-out procedures;
provides at least 30 days' notice for scheduled vacation or other
time away from the practice; has less than 5 tardiness's in a
rating period; establishes relationships to build trust; respects
and demonstrates effective teamwork and care with staff; takes
responsibility for his own actions.
- Creates an atmosphere in which timely and high-quality
information flows smoothly between internal areas and the patient;
thinks carefully about the likely effect on others of one's words,
actions, appearance, and behaviors; maintains emotional control
when faced with opposition, pressure, hostility, and stressful
conditions from others.
- Employee must be to work on time every day and on site in order
to perform the responsibilities of this position; performs
administrative responsibilities such as greeting patients,
instructs patients regarding medications as directed by providers,
prior authorizes oral medications and other prescription refills as
directed by the provider, updates patient medical records, files,
accurately codes and completes insurance forms, schedules new
patient and follow up appointments, arranges hospital admissions
and laboratory services, responds to correspondence from outside
facilities, answers telephones and returns all calls in a fast,
accurate and timely manner.
- Other administrative responsibilities include daily and
accurate use of all system applications; performs clinical
responsibilities such as assisting providers with all tasks to
ensure the patient receives fast and sensitive care; triages
patients for exams, records medical history; prepares and stocks
all exam rooms.
- Assists in the laboratory and other clinical areas during staff
shortages; assists providers during exams, obtains vital signs, may
draw blood, performs E.K. G's, removes sutures and changes
- Transports patients to their vehicles or to the hospital when
instructed by the providers; consents patients for chronic
conditions and scans in medical records within 48 to 72 hours of
- Disposes contaminated supplies and sterilizes medical
instruments; calls in prescriptions to pharmacy, and educates
patients by providing medication, diet information and other
instructions; answers all patient questions or refers questions to
- Ensures a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by
following, enforcing, and complying with all standards, procedures,
and legal regulations; ensures patient confidence and protects
operations by keeping patient care information confidential;
complies with HIPAA and OSHA requirements, adheres to professional
standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local
- Increases job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities, reads job specific professional publications;
participates in professional organizations, personal networks and
explores new opportunities that may add value to the MA position
- Performs other essential functions as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree from an Allied Health Science program or
graduate of a formal medical assisting program preferred.
- CMA preferred or in process of receiving CMAExperience:
- Prefer 1 to 2 years' experience as a Medical Assistant in an
- Ability to be on time to work every day and to perform the
responsibilities of this position.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, caring and sensitive attitude
toward patients, providers and co-workers.
- Critical thinking ability, good interpersonal, speaking and
active listening skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask, ability to draw blood
and take vitals and ability to operate basic office equipment, such
as a computer, copier, fax, EKG, etc.Powered by
Keywords: Charleston Oncology, Charleston , Certified Medical Assistant Mt. Pleasant Office, Healthcare , North Charleston, South Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!